A digital transformation is not simply doing the same things that we’ve always done, except delivering messages digitally. It’s about doing new things that weren’t previously possible.
And it’s not just finding ways to use all the new technology at hand, but also to use the capabilities of that technology to actually transform the way we think about having conversations with our audiences. So says today’s guest, David Salmon.
In this episode, David suggests the transformation extends to our mindsets and business models as well.
David and I discuss:
- Opportunities for a different kind of conversation with customers
- The intriguing possibility of a segment of one
- A higher level of personalization
- Why your market, product, customer etc. isn’t different from any other
- The 3 industries David looks to for examples
- His top 3 suggestions for companies just getting started
About my guest: David Salmon
David Salmon most recently has been the Director of Global Digital Marketing at Roche Molecular Systems. He is also a digital strategy and transformation leader for life sciences industry. Check out his recent article on LinkedIn: Does Your Agency Have Digital in its DNA?