It can be difficult to engage in a meaningful way with trade show attendees before the event. But now the ability access and integrate data from multiple sources makes it possible to create a relevant experience through social media for at least some of those attendees.
This whole conversation started when by chance I bumped into Daniel McRitchie at ASCB. Daniel is the CEO of SciLeads and he mentioned to me the idea of companies using data to make specific offers to poster presenters that would drive traffic to their booths.
We talked about this and other ways to use data in a longer term follow up approach. This is the first episode in which we talk about Facebook specifically for life science marketing.
Daniel talked about:
- The two traditional (and frustrating) ways of reaching out before an event
- Types of offers you might make
- Bidding for placement on Facebook and why you’ll beat the ads for shoes
- Maximizing the return on the event and your content at the same time
- Following up in other social media platforms
You can also email: Daniel “at” scileads.com