A marketing communications team is often thought of as a service provider within a larger organization. MarCom tells the company’s stories to the outside world. But it has the potential to do much more than that. It’s possible to change an organization and make it more successful through marketing communications.
I recently interviewed Taia Ergueta, a former life science executive, now a consultant and social entrepreneur about several topics related to marcom and content marketing.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The essential contribution only MarCom can provide
- Critical information MarCom can deliver for product development
- Managing marcom activities the way you would manage product development
- How marketing communications teams can establish their leadership in the company
- The risks for companies that see themselves as a series of product launches
- How to integrate content marketing with traditional marketing to get the best results
- The value of content to share the human side of your company
- The concept of content velocity to capture customer interest at the right time
What are your thoughts? How do you think MarCom can take a leadership role? Leave your comments below.
About my Guest: Taia Ergueta
Taia has served as the division General Manager at Agilent Technologies for liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry, the Vice President of Marketing at Varian, Inc. and the Vice President of Strategic Marketing for Scientific Instruments at Thermo Scientific. Through her firm, An Hour and A White Board, she consults, helping small and large companies exceed their objectives. She is currently an executive mentor at the Global Social Benefit Institute.