Innovation is an essential element of the life science industry.
It can also be important for your career. Adrian Pencak shares examples of how adopting innovations has helped his career and how he applies the same approach to making his company more successful.
He started out as a software engineer using the stars to direct navigation systems for guided missiles. Eventually the stars aligned for him and he became involved with a small company developing databases called Oracle.
His path from software engineer to VP of Global Business Development for ICON Clinical Research is full of interesting turns.
In this 25 minute interview we discussed:
- His innovation mindset and the opportunities that followed
- What he learned about being a mentor along the way
- How he persuades management or customers to try something new. (Adrian never sells.)
- The importance of connecting the dots for the customer
- How the digital revolution is changing the life science services sector
- The fate of companies that don’t keep pace with innovation and how to avoid it