In this podcast, Marilyn Cox of the Oracle Marketing Cloud shares a case study of how PerkinElmer used marketing automation in conjunction with their events to provide a better customer experience before, during and after an event.
PerkinElmer also took advantage of extensive analytics to make decisions about events that weren’t providing the best return and replace them with new opportunities.
Marilyn and I discussed:
- How to look at events as part of an existing conversation you are already having with your customers
- Making sure those conversations flow smoothly before, during and after an event
- Levels of personalization beyond using your customer’s name
- The fundamental importance of customer personas
- Identifying the content that is going to engage the audience before, during and after the event
- Cost and revenue attribution to better allocate investment
About my guest:
Marilyn Cox is a modern marketing sleuth. Her job is to research, provide guidance, and deliver marketing expertise to customers by developing industry-specific best practices. She’s the marketing principle focused on developing the industry center of excellence within the Oracle marketing cloud. You can email her at marilyn.e.cox “at” oracle.com