If you happen to be in the middle of a job search, this episode is for you.
Mauri Schwartz was a key person in getting me to where I am today. After having worked in a lab for about 20 years, I left science for a while and spent six years as a sailing instructor and doing some consulting. She helped me get my resume together and figure out what jobs in the industry I should look at, having been in academia for most of my career.
In this episode we talk about:
- Searching the job boards vs targeting specific companies
- How to stand out on LinkedIn
- How to get to the hiring manager
- Preparing for the interview
- Dealing with odd things in your resume (like sailing instructor)
- When to follow up
Email: Mauri “at” careerinsiders.com