How do you establish a brand for a life science startup even before it has a product or customers?
I was curious about this process so I talked to Karan Cushman, an expert in the branding of bioscience companies as well as non-profit biomedical research institutions.
We talked about:
- The one essential element that serves as the foundation for your brand
- Understanding your audience and their goals
- Why sometimes you are relying on belief as much as on proof
- Who you may need to communicate with besides investors
- How much you should consider investing in a brand that will help you raise more money
Karan on Twitter (@karancushman)
Karan Cushman is the CEO and brand strategist of Cushman Creative, a marketing agency focused on growing bioscience and other quality of life brands through integrated solutions that drive engagement, garner support, and build brand leadership.