“Lots of good things can happen when you treat a customer right,” says Alan Gerstein.
While we’d all like to minimize customer problems, they are a natural part of doing business. You can’t possibly control everything that happens with your product once you ship it. But when a customer comes to you for help, regardless of the situation, you can often do more for them and your business than just fixing the issue and moving on to the next call.
There are huge opportunities to increase customer loyalty, make the sales rep a hero and gather data for product development.
In this episode, Alan describes:
- The first thing you must do when a customer contacts you with a problem
- Why you should get a sales rep involved
- A different way to think of “troubleshooting”
- The value of asking smart people good questions
- An interactive tool he has developed for problem solving
Contact Alan by email: alan.gerstein “at” verizon.net
Alan Gerstein has two decades of experience in the biotech industry and with interactive marketing firms since 2003. Alan is also the creator of Molecular Biology Problem Solver (John Wiley & Sons, Inc;), a textbook utilized in corporate and academic laboratories to help people become better thinkers. He is currently working as a content strategist at Becton Dickinson.