Dale Yuzuki started his career as a high school teacher but discovered that the technology of life science was his true passion. Having had a variety of marketing and sales roles in the life sciences, I thought he would have some good advice for marketers who want to advance in their own careers.
I was curious about what experience he found most helpful, his biggest career challenge and what life science marketers could do to help themselves and their companies.
He talked about:
- The value of having to explain your product to a customer
- The importance of knowing what your customers do
- How to find and create good content. Tip: It’s hard work!
- The real danger of marketers just worrying about publishing platforms and tactics
- How to be a better writer
- How companies can create a culture of learning
About my guest:
Dale Yuzuki has had multiple marketing and sales roles with companies like Qiagen, Illumina and Life Technologies, now Thermo Fisher. He is currently a director of market development at SeraCare.