Social media can be overwhelming. Even if you are just keeping up with friends, right?
Understanding how to take advantage of it as part of your life science marketing strategy is an even bigger task. How do you choose the right platforms? What will it take in terms of people and resources? What can you expect to get out of it?
Fortunately, I have found an experienced guide to get us started on our journey. In this podcast, I interviewed Brett Cornell, an expert at social media marketing in the life sciences. Brett lays out the basics of initiating a successful strategy.
He shared his experience and best ideas about:
- What is the opportunity and level of effort required?
- Why the answer isn’t “just hire someone”
- The critical first step in your social strategy
- Finding the story you want to tell
- What are the right metrics?
- Comparative strengths and a surprising choice for the platform you may be missing.
About my guest:
Brett Cornell is an expert in social media with extensive experience in the life sciences, including Web and eMarketing roles at Affymetrix and Fluidigm. He is currently a Client Service Partner at PureMatter where he works with clients on social media, digital and marketing service projects.