Earned media (coverage in a 3rd party publication) can be a valuable element in the overall marketing strategy for a life science company. And it may not require the services of a dedicated PR agency if you understand what your target publications are looking for and the right way to approach them.
Jennifer Oladipo has covered several industries as a journalist. In this 30 minute interview, she shared her best advice on getting media coverage for your company.
- Journalists are under time pressure like everyone else. Be concise in your communications.
- Because of the time pressure, there is value in providing resources that help journalists understand the broader business landscape.
- Building and maintaining relationships is essential. Jennifer offers specific suggestions for doing this.
- It’s helpful to pay attention to the news and point out what’s important or notable to the industry. What does it mean for you, your peers or your customers?
- Jennifer explains how your company’s video, infographics and white papers can provide value to journalists.
Enjoy the conversation.